Is the Samsung 2243SN a good choice?

Reaction score
Hi,

I would like to buy an external monitor for use with my Macbook 2.2Ghz Intel Core Duo, 2Gb RAM, with a Intel GMA X3100 graphic card.

The monitor I've thinking is the Samsung SM2243SN… 22", 1920x1080. I'm in Italy and I've found this specific model at a good price, € 145, all other 22" monitors cost near € 180.

I will use it for some photo and drawing stuff and watch video (no games). I'm no t secure, will my Intel graphic card work fine with a monitor with that resolution? Or may I experience any problem?

Thanks a lot if anyone with more experience can say me if this Samsung monitor is a good choice, and I apologize for my poor English : )

Marco.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
The monitor I've thinking is the Samsung SM2243SN… 22", 1920x1080. I'm in Italy and I've found this specific model at a good price, € 145, all other 22" monitors cost near € 180.

Thanks a lot if anyone with more experience can say me if this Samsung monitor is a good choice

There's nothing wrong with your English as far as I can tell Marco! ;D

As far as the monitor. I don't have experience with the specific monitor you mentioned...but Samsung is usually a good brand...not necessarily a brand you hear about much for computers though.

If it's price is lower than other 22" monitors you have investigated...then I would say get it.

Another suggestion...do a "Google" search for reviews of the Samsung SM2243SN...and see what other people/experts have to say.

Good luck,

- Nick

OP
O
Reaction score
Thanks Nick ;)

Yes, I've "googled" and read some info, but I cannot found anything specifically about that monitor with a Macbook like mine… months ago I read something (don't remember what, but wasn't good) about using the Intel GMA X3100 (only 128Mb) with a monitor with high resolution, so the doubt…

However thanks a lot Nick, now I'm not so scared ;)

Of course, if anyone can tell me other opinions/experiences I will appreciate a lot.

Marco

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.