anyone had problems with keypad scratching the screen ?

Reaction score
I was looking at screen protectors and noticed it said "Protects against keypad scratching" is this a know problems with ibooks or something ? anyone use screen protectors ?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
I have not seen any reports of it happening with iBooks but powerbooks the keyboard does press against the screen

OP
J
Reaction score
also I did not notice the thread down below on this subject was already posted so sorry for the double post. So it does seem the PB are the ones with this issue, and not the ibooks.

R

Ryanstech

If you are carrying your iBook or Powerbook in a case that fits snug around your laptop the key eventually scratch some nasty lines into your LCD on both PB's and iBooks. I would invest in a keyboard protector, even a piece of leather or fabric to cover the keyboard when lid is closed

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro, Mac Mini, TV, iPhone, Nano
So you have an iBook? I have a iBook G4 dual USB. When I close my computer my screen doesnt even come close to the screen. I don't see how it would rub on the newer ones anyways, unless you were sitting on it.

C

code777

i wouldn't worry about it, mine has no such marks from the keyboard...just another marketing ploy

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.