who amkes the best hard drives and memory stick

Reaction score
I need to get a new hard drive and I also want to upgrade my ram from 1Gb to 8Gb. Who makes the best of Hard drives and memmory sticks for the Power Mac G5 1.8ghz single procesor.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I personally like Western Digital drives, but many folks here in this forum also like and use Seagate. I don't think you can go wrong with either.

As far as memory modules are concerned, OWC or Crucial are both reliable and will sell you what ever make of memory you prefer. Both will also tell you which memory to buy for your G5.

Regards.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Agree with above, however like Seagate and they currently have a five year warranty and even here in Australia OWC is the go for memory.

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
I like Kingston for the RAM. They also make USB Thumb drives.

Seagate for HDD. I've had too many failed HDD from WD cost me my whole photo album for 1 year. T_T"

Reaction score
Hard drives:
  • Seagate had issues last year, I'm wary now. I had one of those 1TB nightmare drives. Luckily I didn't lose anything.
  • Western Digital best.
  • Okay with Hitachi now too, not had problems in past 3 years.
  • Maxtor is garbage.

Kingston for RAM, thumb drives and CompactFlash.

Pretty much any name-brand thumb drive will be fine, such as SanDisk, Verbatim, HP, etc.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15"
I have a Western Digital 1TB My Book and I love it. Highly reccomended.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.