safari gone slow

Reaction score
here is the problem, lately safari has gone very slow on my new macbook, so i searched for a way to fix it and found out that a lot of people are been having troubles with this, i found a threat where some guy told to configure some DNS to the 4.2.2.x thing, and so i did and my safari went back to normal but now 3 days later it slows again while my DNS is still on 4.2.2.x's

couldn't find a answer for that one, im using safari 3.2.1 i would be really sad to switch to firefox can any1 help me out?

sorry my bad english

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2,4Ghz 15" unibody
does it feel laggy in other borwsers?

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
Why would you be sad to switch to Firefox? I have 50 tabs open right now and I'm running several applications open right now so as Bridge, Photoshop, and Illustrator. No signs of any slow downs. ^-^"

Plus firefox has some really neat plugins.

OP
K
Reaction score
i tried to update to safari 4 beta , but same problem the pages loads very slow, and i dont think its my conection because i download files very fast and my ipod touch is also fast loading the web pages.

i would say it has something to do with the dns? because it speeded my safari up when i added the 4.2.2.x but its like the magic has gone off that now :S

btw im new on mac (love it) [macbook]

i would be sorry switching to FF since i like safaris look so much, yea i love design.

Reaction score
i to have some issues with safari....but i love it and have tried Firefox and found it to "eye sore' for my liking

OP
K
Reaction score
but it must be a problem with dns? since it fixed for a while with the 4.2.2.x

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
Try resetting Safari from the file menu, this solves a multitude of problems with it.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
but it must be a problem with dns? since it fixed for a while with the 4.2.2.x
I'm a little confused about this DNS server. What is the full address of this DNS server and where did you make these changes? That doesn't look like any DNS server address I've ever seen.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.