Switcher: Anyone gotten their 1GB Ram from this b4?

OP
I

IChing

I got my 1gig of memory from 18004 memory before I found the other links mentioned. New memory for my powerbook had me worried being new to mac and reading up on it so I saw some good reviews from other forums and decided. They were inexpensive, as compared to crucial, fast and got the memory shipped free at the time , haven't had any issues.
No, matter where you buy, I would suggest to get memory that has a lifetime guarantee, 1 year guarantee seems to me a little iffy at the time, why not 1 year, 1 month? New egg has a good reputation, but didn't have that price when I bought.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24" 3.06GHz 4GB RAM 1TB | MacBook Pro 13" 2.53GHz 4GB RAM 640GB | 16GB iPhone 3G
warrenbert said:
http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=20-155-111&depa=0

That's one example, but do a search filtering:

200-pin DDR SODIMM
1GB capacity

Hello, I'm new and I just ordered a 15" Powerbook. (I don't have it yet, but FedEx will bring it to me on Wed. :mac: )I got the base model with the 512 ram and wondered if I got that 1GB module listed above, would I have to remove my 512 module, or would it fit in with it giving me 1.5GB of ram?
Thanks!

OP
I

IChing

I don't know if they gave you two 256s or one 512, hopefully its one 512. I had one 256 when I bought mine so you might luck out. 256 was not enough for photoshop cs, it did run, but with 1.25 it flys. good luck and enjoy

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24" 3.06GHz 4GB RAM 1TB | MacBook Pro 13" 2.53GHz 4GB RAM 640GB | 16GB iPhone 3G
Thanks.

It comes standard with one 512 module, so does that mean I could buy this and have 1.5 GB? I take it that there is two slots available, and the 1GB module only takes up one slot? I'm only asking because the picture makes it look wider than I thought it was and I'm not familiar with notebook memory. Is it hard to install?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.