How can I get a custom YouTube/Twitter/Last.FM logo?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBP - 2.7 Ghz, Intel Core i7, 8GB RAM.
I'm wondering how to make my own custom social network logo. By custom, I mean a logo that matches my site's color scheme. For an example, see this band's MySpace, where they have custom black and white iTunes/Amazon logos at the top of their page.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" i7 iMac 2.8 Ghz, 1TB, 8GB RAM | 13" MBP 2.53Ghz 320GB HD, 4G RAM | iPad 2 64GB+3G *WHITE*
thats not custom buddy... they just made the logos black and white from what they originally were, as to not interfere with their own logo. one reason to do this is color draws your eye.. and since their logo is all b/w the yellow from the amazon logo would pull from that..

so if you want something like that just pull what you want from wherever you want and make it b/w. i would say most companies would not care if you changed there logo to b/w but where you start playing with other colors they might have something to say about it.

if you need some help though just pm me.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" i7 iMac 2.8 Ghz, 1TB, 8GB RAM | 13" MBP 2.53Ghz 320GB HD, 4G RAM | iPad 2 64GB+3G *WHITE*
something like this..
this is Photoshop aka pixels
youtube-logo-1copy.jpg

you could also do it in illustrator which would be better b/c it is all vector. and just live trace it.. it will be super clean then.. and not pixelation b/c it is vector

this is Illustrator aka vector (see how it is larger and still has crisp lines)
youtube-logo-3.jpg

try to always do logos in vector .. it can be resized with out any problems

OP
R
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBP - 2.7 Ghz, Intel Core i7, 8GB RAM.
Wow, looks great. I'm gonna give it a try. Thank you!

Reaction score
If this is for a serious business, consider paying an artist if this isn't your best skill -- it's not mine either. I see posts over at webhostingtalk.com (WHT) all the time, in the design offer/request forums, where artists do work pretty cheap. Almost too cheap, stupidly cheap, but it's their funeral. I might get one to help me with a logo this summer.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.