NuPower high-capacity batteries for PowerBooks debut

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
Source: MacMinute.com

NuPower high-capacity batteries for PowerBooks debut
September 16, 2003 - 09:17 EDT Newer Technology and Other World Computing (OWC) today introduced a new line of high-capacity batteries designed for Apple's PowerBook G4 and G3 models. The NuPower line of Lithium Ion batteries offer up to 30 percent more capacity than stock batteries standard with the PowerBooks and at prices starting from US$139.99. Details on specific models and pricing information is available in the press release.

My Comments: I have three powerbook batteries.. I don't even use all three anymore.. just had to have them on my trip overseas. These new batteries would have been nice to have.. hmm.. I should sell one of my batteries, since I don't need all three anymore... hm...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" iBook G3 900/640/40 _ _ Power Macintosh G3 All-In-One 315/768/20 _ _ 20 GB iPod
I wonder if they'll soon offer an iBook version, and whether it will have the "Apple look" and the charge indicator like the originals. It's hard to judge by the photos on the site, especially since I've never taken a good look at a PowerBook battery.

OP
Murlyn
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
Yeah I can't tell the difference between the picture and my batteries.. so it looks like they very much maintain the Apple look and feel. It also looks like if I got one of those it would increase my battery life by 17.5% which isnt bad, but only comes out to about a half hour increase.. which still.. isnt bad ;)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.