boot camp / windows / corrupt hard drive

Reaction score

Hello all,

I am in a bit of a pickle. I know there have been posts about this issue before, where a person is running windows xp in bootcamp and uses macdrive and then finds out there main mac harddrive is corrupted. When I start my computer and let it go to the mac side it just shutsdown. When I try to access my mac harddrive from windows I get a corrupt harddrive error. I know that I can make a leopard external boot disk and format it and etc. I'm okay with that because I don't currently have anything important on the mac harddrive.

BUT, here is my main question:

Will I lose everything in totality including the windows partitioned harddrive? I just spent a whole day setting everything up in windows like I wanted it.

I know, why even bother with windows. It's been quite a hassle. Well, I need it. At least until the world switches to macs. Please help.

Thanks.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
To avoid losing your Windows installation, download and use the free utility "WinClone". Download from here.

This assumes that you can start your machine in OS X in order to run WinClone. After restoring OS X from your original media, run WinClone again to restore your Boot Camp partition and Windows installation.

Regards.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPod Nano 4gb, 20" 2.66 GHz Core 2 Duo, 2GB of ram, ATI HD 2600 pro
I think what you should do is pop in your mac install disk and see about doing a hard drive repair( Both kinds.)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.