iPhone Misery- why is 3.0 doing this to me?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro, 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB RAM, 250GB HD
Hi, I am a mac user (MBP) and i'm running leopard.
I recently bought a Pay As You Go iPhone and, because my brother is a developer, installed OS 3.0. I noticed Apple's warnings about everything being irreversible and that if you installed it, it is your problem. But anyway, obviously because I have a PAYG iPhone I need to change the settings in general, network, cellular data network, and then in the APN box payasyougo...etc. But now I can't even get that far. I've spent the past couple of days struggling to restore my iPhone to 2.2.1 (or else get 3.0 working properly) but as of yet cannot. I have downloaded the ZIP version of the IPSW file, however instead of getting a proper .ipsw file I keep getting the folder, and besides, even if I put it in DFU mode, will it work? So my question is this: how do i either: make 3.0 work OR restore to 2.2.1?

Thanks so much if you took the trouble to read all of that!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
Odds are your brother installing 3.0 on a phone that is not his is against the EULA and therefore against this forums rules.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Odds are your brother installing 3.0 on a phone that is not his is against the EULA and therefore against this forums rules.
I'm guessing even Apple would find it difficult to stop people from having family members test pre-release versions of their software on upcoming OS's.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.