Should I wait?

Reaction score
I was recently looking at getting a refurbished macbook pro because I need to be more mobile. However the options I had were a 17 inch with DDR2 memory and a 15 inch with DDR3 (among others). Now I definetly want a 17 inch and I definetly want DDR3 since Im going to be gaming and with the newer games coming out I want to be on the cutting edge.

Now I know DDR3 doesnt fit into DDR2 slots. And Im not sure about pricing about installing a new mobo on a macbook pro... so should I wait until theres a refurbished 17in DDR3 on the apple store site? Or should I just wait till I can afford one of the new ones that came out in Februrary?

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
... so should I wait until theres a refurbished 17in DDR3 on the apple store site? Or should I just wait till I can afford one of the new ones that came out in Februrary?

Sounds like a personal decision! If you think that you REALLY need DDR3 & a 17" screen...then I guess you have to wait.

- Nick

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.