Is there a website to check battery history?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.4GHz, 160GB, 2GB,SD / Iphone 3Gs 16GB
I bought a Apple Macbook 13in (white) battery off ebay and the seller said that it was brand new, never used and came from Apple. However when I received it, I noticed it had a "Recycled" sticker on it. If that's the case, I don't think the battery is brand new.

I was wondering if anyone knew if there's a website where I can check the history of the battery by entering the battery's serial number or by another way.

Also do Apple indeed sell recycled Macbook batteries?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2,4Ghz 15" unibody
try coconutBattery, it's a little app that tells you how much capacity the battery has, not a serial number, but if it's at full capacity then you don't have to be worried

OP
P
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.4GHz, 160GB, 2GB,SD / Iphone 3Gs 16GB
try coconutBattery, it's a little app that tells you how much capacity the battery has, not a serial number, but if it's at full capacity then you don't have to be worried

Is there another way other than Coconut Battery?

I have Coconut Battery installed on my Macbook already, however, my Macbook is at the Apple store getting some hairline cracks repaired. I was supposed to have it back yesterday, but the Geniuses ordered the wrong part. Therefore I won't have it back till either Monday or Tuesday at the latest.

The battery I bought off ebay arrived yesterday in the mail while my Macbook was still at the Apple Store.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
*27" imac C2D 3.0/1TB/16GB**Mac Pro Octo 2.8/4x1TB/16GB**Mac Pro Quad 2.66/2x1TB/8GB**iPhone 4*
I bought a Apple Macbook 13in (white) battery off ebay and the seller said that it was brand new, never used and came from Apple. However when I received it, I noticed it had a "Recycled" sticker on it. If that's the case, I don't think the battery is brand new.

I was wondering if anyone knew if there's a website where I can check the history of the battery by entering the battery's serial number or by another way.

Also do Apple indeed sell recycled Macbook batteries?
Install battery in MacBook and open system profiler and choose power, you will gain all battery info. If you can prove battery is not as listed in auction, I would open a dispute and return item.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.