macbook keyboard issue

Reaction score
Hi, been lurking for a while and wasn't sure if this should go here or in software. Mods, please relocate if necessary.

I have what I am assuming is a V1 macbook. (osx 10.4.11, 2GHZ, 2GB 667) I am wanting to replace the keyboard because there is a small piece at the bottom that's cracked and missing. I will also be upgrading to OSX Leopard. I have not been able to find a V1 keyboard to replace mine with, and I've read that it's possible to use the V2 if you upgrade to Leopard.

If possible, I'd really appreciate it if someone could confirm or deny if this is actually doable. I understand that it's basically easier to just buy a newer macbook, but this is my only real option.

Thanks in advance!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
*27" imac C2D 3.0/1TB/16GB**Mac Pro Octo 2.8/4x1TB/16GB**Mac Pro Quad 2.66/2x1TB/8GB**iPhone 4*
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
*27" imac C2D 3.0/1TB/16GB**Mac Pro Octo 2.8/4x1TB/16GB**Mac Pro Quad 2.66/2x1TB/8GB**iPhone 4*
Apple MacBook 13" White Core 2 Duo Top Case w Keyboard - eBay (item 270364083562 end time May-24-09 09:21:42 PDT)
Looks to be used but not broken, as far as any discoloring, a magic eraser is amazing for making like new again. But then again keys and track pad will interchangeable. As far as V2 compatability, will not work.

I have just found this as well.
APPLE MACBOOK 13" TOP CASE KEYBOARD CORE DUO NEW +BONUS - eBay (item 250413775129 end time May-25-09 20:47:57 PDT)

OP
M
Reaction score
Thanks for the links! Something I was wondering, did pretty much all of the macbooks from that line have the issue of "soft clicking" or a spongy feel when you click? I've had two macbooks from the same release series and both of them had a really meh feel to the track pad button. I know you can fix it by putting a small folded piece of paper under the battery where the circle is, but I was wondering what the chances of the new keyboard being up to snuff was.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.