D-Link 628/Macbook wireless issues

Reaction score
I apologize if I missed a thread that addresses the issue I'm experiencing. I have explored several and not seen any descriptions of what I'm experiencing. First I'm a Mac newby. I have D-Link 628 wireless router, with WPA 2 and I am having a problem connecting my MacBook wireless.

My PC connects no problem, but the Macbook has issues with certain sites. aol.com, time.com, etc. the pages come up as text/hyperlinks.

Example.

1. Drag the AOL icon up and drop it onto the "House" icon at the top this browser window.

2. Select "Yes" from the pop-up window.

That's it You're done!

More detailed instructions

Make AOL Your Homepage! | Greenify Your PC
|
THEMES ||

AOL.com

Jobs
Mapquest
Movies
Music
Personals
Travel
Yellow Pages
Web
Images
Video
News
Local
Shopping

But then if I connect directly to the modem (ISP provided) and bypass the router everything is fine.

Any ideas??

Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
Try this - go into Sys Prefs/Network/Airport/Advanced/DNS and put in the DNS numbers for your ISP. u will have to look them up on their web page.
Like this;

See if that makes a difference - note this is for Leopard, Tiger has same box but different path to get to it.

OP
W
Reaction score
It ended up being the DNS issue. My ISP is a small WISP in SW Colorado. The technician got me the DNS IP and everything is working well now. Thanks again.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.