Wireless Problem

S

Steel02001

So here is what happened, your job, tell me how to fix it.

I work security and was at the public library today, an alarm went off while I was surfing the web (safari) and using iChat through Airport. So I closed the laptop and dealt with it. When I came back iChat was signed off like it should be because it slept and safari was still open. I went to reconnect iChat and it said it couldn't connect. So I figured IM was down but I checked safari and it wouldn't work either. I was still connected to the airport (I had 3 bars). My network status said that I had an assigned IP and might not be able to connect to the internet. I tried releasing the IP and getting a new one but nothing worked.

Now that I am home the airport is working just fine as I am using it now. How can I make sure this problem doesn't happen again at the library.

Also, while being very frustrated I setup a VPN network thingy, how can I delete that?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display
Well for the library problem, you could have shut your ibook down for (sometimes up to 5min). Because the network was convinced you were still connected, but something wasn't cleared out yet, but if you were to disconnect or restart your computer or shut it down for a little while, it would have corrected itself. Im guessing the library has more of a closed controlled network than your home network so you wont have the problem at home prolly ever.

OP
S

Steel02001

I shut the computer down for approximately an hour while I was at the library and tried it again and had the same problem.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
hmm, thats really odd, could just be that the library was being stupid eh?, you were probably just connected to the lan or wan and not the internet

OP
M

menace3054

sometimes when i put my computer to sleep, it doesnt automatically register on the newtwork when it wakes back up. i have to click the airport signal in the menu and tell it to connect

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
hmm, yea, dont let it connect automaticly

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.