Syncing iPhone on New Mac/iTunes

Reaction score
For the past year I've been syncing my iPhone with iTunes on my old macbook. Now I've got a new one that I want to sync my iPhone with (and stop syncing with my old macbook). My concern is that my only option on the new computer in iTunes is to Erase and Sync my iPhone. That concerns me because I don't know whether or not I have my iPhone photos saved, etc.

What's the best way to sync with a new Mac without losing anything?

Thanks,
-flash

OP
J
Reaction score
This doesn't really seem to answer my question... this is dealing with moving the iTunes library... but doesn't seem to answer the part about the iPhone... are you implying that if the iTunes library is moved correctly... my iTunes will not act like it's syncing my iPhone for the first time (or from a different computer)?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
late 08 macbook 2.0 4gig 320hdd10.7.3 32 gig iPhone 4s
This is how I did it just a month ago and lost nothing. If however you are not sure if your pics are backed up then plug into your new computer and transfer them to iphoto. That can and will be done before you ever sync with iTunes.

Clay

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
With your old and new MacBooks connected to the same network, use the Migration Assistant to import your user from the old MacBook to the new MacBook. Once done, you essentially have a clone of your old user. Sync your iPhone to the new MacBook. It may technically act like it's syncing for the first time, but all the info it wants has been cloned to the new Mac.

Reaction score
Hello. I am also experiencing the similar situation as johnnyflash but this time, I have an iPhone that was previously synced to a PC version of iTunes (until that PC was RIP). Recently, we got a first Mac ever in our household (MacBook) and wanted to sync this iPhone to the Mac's iTunes. Since the MacBook's iTunes library does not have this iPhone applications (for example, Facebook, eBay Mobile, etc), is it possible to sync the iPhone without having these applications removed from the iPhone?

Thanks.

Babylon5

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.