FAT32 and NTFS and PS3

Reaction score
(first of all, sorry for my other thread, thanks to the moderator for their comprehension)

I have files that I want to transfer to my PS3, and if I understood correctly I should first put them in a external HD and then to the PS3.

But every tutorial I found said the HD should be formatted to NTFS, but macs can't write to NTFS (the external HD I have now is formatted to FAT32)

Any tips?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
First, you should be able to transfer files to your PS3 from a hard drive formatted to FAT-32. The reason NTFS is recommended is because of the file size limitation which exists for FAT-32. Max file size for FAT-32 is ~ 4 GB.

Writing to NTFS from your Mac can be accomplished with third party software. I recommend Paragon NTFS. Well worth the $39.95 cost and it also includes the very handy Mac Browser utility.

Regards.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.