GPS stopped working!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 2.8GHz Dual Quad Core
For the last 2 days my iPhone 3g has been unable to pinpoint my position in multiple areas where I've been able to get my location before.

It still tringulates my position via cell towers and wifi hotspots. However it still shows my location as a general location crosshair and not the little blue dot.

I've reset location warning settings. Hard booted the phone and tried it in both edge and 3g areas.

The phone has been synced with iTunes within the last 24 hours as it is every 2-3 days.

Any ideas?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
If resetting the phone doesn't fix it, then you might want to give restoring the phone a try. If that doesn't work, then you might have a hardware problem and will need to get the phone replaced.

OP
O
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 2.8GHz Dual Quad Core
Gotta love apple. Restored my phone and still couldn't get GPS to work so I took it to the apple store. THey couldn't figure out what was wrong but there was a small crack in the back cover near the data port so they gave me a new phone!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.