Windows XP Games - Install problem

Reaction score
Hey @ all ... well im new and i just wanted to know if you guys could figure a problem for me ... or help me solve it.

So I got my new iMac 24'' 2,93Ghz, 4GB ram and the ATI Radeon HD 4850. First thing I did was installing bootcamp with Windows XP Student Edition and SP-3. I Updated my .Net Framework from 2.0 to 3.5 (since i thought this would already solve the problem) of course I installed the bootcamp drivers (at least I think I did) from the leopard cd that came with the mac ... the cd says 10.5.6 so i think its the latest drivers... now the problem:

I got some games from a friend since I wanted to know whether I could really play just as "normal" as a PC user - so I first tried to install Bioshock ... inserted disc and installed it and at the very end of the installation (seemed to have finished) there was that DATA ERROR that came up which said Sound Init Failed and the whole thing crashed down and somehow removed the whole installation from the Program Files folder. Well after several restarts and updates I tried it again ... clicked the install button and not even the install app would come up... even trying to browse the CD and opening the SETUP.exe manually wouldnt give me any results ( even after several tries & reboots )... so I decided to just give that up and try installing another one : Assassin's Creed ... Inserted the Disc ... Install ... after 3/4 of the installation there was that error that said something like Cyclic Redundancy Error while copying DATA4 bla ... Google ... Came up with the fact that my drive is not supposed to read dual layer DVDs?!?!?!?! ( Just got the game, wont install ? - Topic Powered by Eve For Enterprise ) since that I tried to find a firmware update for that but found nothing (OPTIARC DVD RW AD-5670S). So up to now I'm pretty much upset with the fact that I bought this mac ... or at least with the fact that I thought I could handle Windows on a Mac ( since I love Mac OS X :) )

Is there anyone that's able to help me ? :'( Of course I'm willing to give additional info - I'll try to re-find the websites I visited.

Thanks in advance :Smirk:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.