Web design IWeb,DreamWeaver, RapidWeaver

Reaction score
Hello all I am looking to build a web page for my business.

Nothing to fancy video, buttons, pictures, tech specs.

I have no experience in doing this but have been doing some reading here and on some other site with reviews of different software.

My question is….

I have IWEB but I have read that this will not work for my business web because it is not searchable. Nor can I make key words to help the potential customers get to the site.

So I look at Dream weaver and it looks a little out of my league???? My computer knowledge is not very good. How is Dream weaver for a newbie?

I am told that Rapid is a good middle ground… is Rapid searchable can I input these so called key words to help clients get to my page????

Thanks for the help.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powermac G4 MDD 2003, 2gb ram, 20" Cinema Display
Hi,

iWeb definitely wins for simplicity, but you have more power to do what you want in Dreamweaver (as it lets you into the code). iWeb's features are very limited, but for what you want, they would probably work fine.

I never knew iWeb was not searchable, I've heard it has a plain HTML view for crawler bots (Such as Google), and its better image view for normal users.

I heard of something called SandVox, I've never used it, but a friend told me it was like iWeb, just better, so you may want to check this out: Karelia Software: Creators of Sandvox, Mac Website Building App

Hope I helped,
Jordan

OP
Y
Reaction score
i'll look in to it thanks... I have read on many sites that iweb is not searchable... thats to bad because it look like a good program for ppl just like me...

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
There is no reason not to use iWeb in the beginning and edit the code by hand later. Publish your page to a folder and edit away.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20" 2.4 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo 4gig,Mac OS X Maverick, Macbook Intel 2gig, iPhone 3G
Rapidweaver

I wouldnt look past Rapidweaver, for mine its the best on the market, for ease of use, functionality, and professional results:D

OP
Y
Reaction score
There is no reason not to use iWeb in the beginning and edit the code by hand later. Publish your page to a folder and edit away.

Editing code is way out of my reach.... old mac user but computer idiot.. ;D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.