iPhone issues, locking up black screen etc...

Reaction score
the last week or so ive had issues with the phone locking up for extended periods and currently it froze up after a phone call unfroze for a second when i held the top button so that i could power it off. got it to give me the slider to power off now its has a black screen. im still able to sync it and i did that and downloaded all the stuff i hadnt yet. is this some issue that att can fix or give me a new phone or something. getting frustrating. its a first gen phone purchased in jan of 08. if they do replace will i get anohter first gen or will they make me upgrade to a 3g and if thats the case do i have to pay for it?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
Have you tried doing a Restore?

Reaction score
Restore is the best bet, another idea is to make sure you turn of your iphone. I believe leaving your iphone on for prolonged periods of times can cause errors such as the ones you have described. Or it could be a dust build up in your phone.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.