How do I save logo with glowing edges?

Reaction score
I'm trying to create a logo to be used for print that includes a graphic element with "glowing edges" in white. When I created it in Illustrator I couldn't get rid of the background when importing to InDesign. When I create it in Photoshop with no background, it imports ok on black, but the fade turns grey when on other colors. I need it to be consistent wherever it's placed. And I rather do it in Illustrator so enlargement is not an issue. Help anyone?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
you will either have to do it in photoshop, with a pure glow and saved with a decent feathered glow on a transparent background, or do the glow in Photoshop with transparency and place it in a layer behind the vector art in Illustrator

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" i7 iMac 2.8 Ghz, 1TB, 8GB RAM | 13" MBP 2.53Ghz 320GB HD, 4G RAM | iPad 2 64GB+3G *WHITE*
i normally dont import when taking stuff from illustrator to indesign.. just drag the art work over and it should go without a background..

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.