Installing Mac OSX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hello everyone. I was trying to search in the forums to see if there was something similar but I think it was down, because it wouldn't load. Anyways, this is my question.

I have a MBP and its one of the first gen MBP it came with Tiger OS. Then later a friend lent me a CD and I upgraded to Leopard.

Just yesterday, I installed a new 500GB harddrive, and it works great. Only one problem. I had to install Tiger again in my computer, because my cousin has CDs but they where for a Macbook, not a Macbook Pro. Can it still work to update it to Leopard or no? I really don't want to stay in Tiger. So can i use the cds from another Mac, or it has to be the cds from a Macbook Pro?

One more question... On my old HD i have some stuff i just remembered that i would like to save into an external HD. Is there a way to use my old HD as an external, and access the files I have in it? Or there is no way?

Thanks..

Hector

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
So can i use the cds from another Mac
This has been answered several times in threads over the years.

The answer is no.
You have to use the discs that came with your computer or purchase a full-retail set.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Furthermore, Leopard is not a "free" upgrade. If it didn't come with your computer, you are not entitled to install it. This is actually a form of software piracy, discussion of which is not permitted here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.