Unplug headphones on Iphone and iTunes turns on

Reaction score
So I got a new iphone 3g since I lost my old 3g a few weeks ago and for some reason with this phone if I'm talking on the phone using the included white apple headphones, finish my conversation, unplug the headphones right after, iTunes starts playing. I can't figure out what is causing it or what the heck is going on....any help or ideas are appreciated.

Matt

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
If you are listening to a song and receive a phone call, iPhone will pause the music and then resume after you finish.

Alternatively you might be pressing the clicker after the call is over: that also controls music playback.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
The white box bit on your headphone cable is the clicker...

Unplugging headphones is normally also the trigger for the iPhone to pause music, so maybe your software is just a bit confused.

Try rebooting?

OP
S
Reaction score
Wow...call me retarded. I can't believe I had no idea the microphone is a clicker...LOL.. I am seriously like a kid in a candy store right now. hahahahahah I bet i was playing with it while in a phone call and it started playing when I unplugged it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Wow...call me retarded. I can't believe I had no idea the microphone is a clicker...LOL.. I am seriously like a kid in a candy store right now. hahahahahah I bet i was playing with it while in a phone call and it started playing when I unplugged it.
If you click it while on a call you'll hang up, so be careful doing that :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.