How to...

Reaction score
Ok I am looking to make a website similar to <link removed> although the website at this moment is not 100% working. So I will explain.

It's a php website.
You have a type of search bar to enter in a email address or website. When you enter that email address or website a list comes up of people that have made comments about that person or website, but You cant just look at a list of the emails or websites, instead you have to somehow know the email by searching elsewhere or by someone personally giving it to you. then type it in the search bar then read about it so you cant just get all of the email's from the site they are almost protected in a way. Sorry if that does not make any sense.

I know html pretty well...
As for Php I do not. with my basic knowledge this looks like a fairly simple type of website to make. So where should I start? I do have dreamweaver cs3 as well.

Thank you all.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
We're going to remove that link because:

<link removed> uses an invalid security certificate.

The certificate expired on 12/21/08 6:59 PM.

(Error code: sec_error_expired_certificate)

There's an immediate redirect to an SSL site with a bad certificate. Definitely something shady going on there.

Reaction score
I know html pretty well...
As for Php I do not. with my basic knowledge this looks like a fairly simple type of website to make. So where should I start? I do have dreamweaver cs3 as well.

I think a great starting place would be to learn php.

OP
L
Reaction score
We're going to remove that link because:

There's an immediate redirect to an SSL site with a bad certificate. Definitely something shady going on there.

I KNEW IT! That site is very shady believe that. Although can you explain this certificate to me? And what is the redirect to an ssl?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
I KNEW IT! That site is very shady believe that. Although can you explain this certificate to me? And what is the redirect to an ssl?

The site redirects from a standard HTTP site to a secure HTTP site (HTTPS). When you are connected to a secure HTTP site, the site issues a security certificate to encrypt communication with it. That security certificate is managed by a third party, which the site owner is required to renew with periodically. If the site owner does not, there's some risk that they may not be trustworthy.

More information:

Let me google that for you

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.