should i be worried?

Reaction score
ok. i recently got a used stereo receiver as i got tired of the altec lansing speakers i had sounding like dooky.

to i hooked the receiver to my imac with one of these and i took some of the surround speakers we had and hooked them up to the receiver. well... they still sounded like poop.

then i remembered i had a spare set of 3-way 4x10 car speakers i wasnt using so i hooked those up. they sound AMAZING!!

but i just have them running open air like 3" from my imac.

Should i be worried about anything happening?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I'd be more worried about damaging my hearing than the iMac.... :) Other than not looking very good, they should be OK. Your iMac will survive.

Regards.

Reaction score
No...The car speakers are like the ones in Real speakers....you know made out of wood, big and can blast the neigborhood. Like the ones from the 70's.

OP
G
Reaction score
lol, i was just curious because it isnt in a box. didnt know if that helped with the magnetic shielding.

thank you.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...
magnets and computers don't mix very well! BIG...HUGE PROBLEMS!!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.