remote networking

Reaction score
Ok I have been trying to find out if and how i can do this by doing endless searches and reading so much im just confusing myself. I have a macbook and if possible I want my dad to be able to access things like music and stuff on my macbook from his pc or be able to search through and download what he wants from my laptop is this possible?? his PC is at my parents house and my laptop isnt so im am i right in thinking this is whats called remote acesss or am a getting the wrong end of the stick. and could any one be so kind as to gimme a basic talk through of how to set this up :/ pretty lost atm

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powermac G4 MDD 2003, 2gb ram, 20" Cinema Display
Are you talking via the same network or the internet? Pretty easy on the same network, but it might get a bit more tricky through the internet, and you'd be open to hackers, etc (the PC mainly :))

- Jordan

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
Best deal for remote connection and file sharing is Team Viewer - iChat is good but some features in Team Viewer are better and in the case of PC to Mac Team Viewer is the choice.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.