Does anyone own multiple iPODS? If so, how do you utilize them?/

Reaction score
Hey,

I'm just curious to know who owns multiple iPODS?? I purchased the shuffle last week. I use it mainly for commuting in the morning, and working-out. I was thinking of purchasing the iPOD mini, but questioning if I would really need it. When I'm home, I would just play music from my PC.

If you do own multiple iPODS, how/when do you use them differently?

VakeJ

P

punjab

Don't think its necessary

I really don't believe it is necessary to have more than one. Why would you want more than one? if you want to listen to music at home, you can still use your shuffle, cant you?? or use your pc for that matter? I really like my iPod Mini its perfect for school etc.. you dont really need anything else.

If you want it and can afford it, why not? but there are cooler add-ons to blow money on than getting a whole new iPod!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" 1Ghz PB 768Mb 10.4.5 30Gb Video iPod 40Gb 3G iPod 1Gb iPod Shuffle
in an ideal world you could have a normal iPod if you travelling long distance and something like a shuffle for running down to the shops for but ill stick with the 40Gb for now

N

nadeem

I have the 60GB Ipod Photo that I bought at xmas and a normal 40GB one. I tend to leave the 40GB in the dock at home connected to the hi-fi and I take the 60GB with me to work - on the way if I take the car - I have a hard wired link that I plug in & use or if I go in on the m-bike I listen to it on a new set of Shure E5c's with custom tips - sound is phenomenal.
When I get to work, I put it into the dock, which is connected up to my 2.1 system and I listen to it in that manner.

Overall I'd say I use my iPods most of the time...!

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
I use my iPod 15GB for storage and for listening to music a home. I use my mini at school or on a small road trip.

Z

zap2

i have the mini and i orded a shuffle on 31 of jan ill be using my shuffle for ride to and from school and my mini on longer trips[ to the beach,vaction and such]

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Buying One Soon...
I have a 40GB (non-color screen) and a 512MB Shuffle. Even though I have an iBook my music library is on my PC. I have my 40GB's dock connected via firewire to my PC and have my whole library on my 40GB. When I work out, I use the shuffle and just connect it to a USB port on my PC, when iTunes opens it sync to my library, I hit autofill, and it uploads 100 songs on my Shuffle so I can listen to music while I work out.

OP
V
Reaction score
WOW! It seems that many of you DO have mulitple iPODS. Looks like the mini is on my mind! :cool:

VJ

I

iDVFH.

Honestly, in the world of today no ones safe when it comes to iPods. Once some thief sees those signature white buds he's gonna go for them. I have a 20 GB iPod (2G) and I just ordered the shuffle. If your going to be walking on the street or in an area that you feel unsafe bring the shuffle..at least if someone does rob you it isn't your precious regular iPod. that's why i got mine lol

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro, Mac Mini, TV, iPhone, Nano
I have a 10 gig 3G iPod i use in my vehicle with my iTrip. I use my shuffle 512MB for the gym or out on the mountain bike. Tried to use the shuffle at work but the FM modulator I have for the shuffle uses 2 AAA batteries. That only lasts me a day. So I just bring the 10 gig to work,and the shuffle for when im out and active.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
this just reminded me of a girl i know...

got EVERY iPod mini for christmas...she doesnt even use them...she just thinks they are cool...and the family is loaded

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
That's just ridiculous. I could see that she thinks that they are cute, yet she doesn't use them. But to buy all the colors, that's odd.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i she single though :p

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
inflexion said:
i she single though :p

Now, that you say that. I'm next in line, if she's single. She's looking better in my mind already.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
hahah well just post me a blue mini and you can have her :eek:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro M1 • iPhone 14 Pro • iPad Pro • iMac Retina 27"
I use my 1GB Shuffle for working out and as a flash key. :)

I use my 15GB iPod for everything else (including a 35 min each-way train commute daily).

And the answer to the "white headphones make you a target" thing is really simple-- you shouldn't use them, not because they're white, but because they're awful. Get a decent set of 'phones like the Sony EX71s and you'll have better sound and, if you're that worried about it, you won't be a "mark."

For the moment, I am a multiple Shuffle owner. I was at my local Apple Store the other day and they had a full stock of 1 GB and 512s at the counter. I bought one for a friend who's been on the waiting list for weeks, and it's about to leave my possession. So I guess that means my third iPod is used as something to look cool on my desk right now.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.