Selling my Macbook...how do I perform a clean install

Reaction score
I should have just followed my intuition. I am a Mac newbie and got a Macbook, but I have decided that I would prefer a Macbook Pro. I prefer the bigger screen for home use and I got a great deal on the Macbook so I won't lose much cash.

I am selling my Macbook and buying a refurbished Macbook Pro.

So, how do I give the new Macbook owner that great first-time-I-turned-on-my-Mac experience?

I put in a new HDD in the Macbook so I know how to reinstall the OS, but I don't remember if I can reinstall the OS so that the first time it is turned on the new owner gets to make all the personalized settings (language, etc.)

Basically, I want the buyer of my Macbook to see that "welcome, vilkommen, etc..." movie when turning it on.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
Just do the install until it gets to the point of entering your personal information, then simply turn the computer off.

The next time it starts up, it will go to the welcome screen again.
It will continue to go to the welcome screen until personal information is entered.

OP
T
Reaction score
Sometimes life is simple.

Thanks.

When I shut off the computer at the point to enter my personal info, is it a normal shutdown button or do I have to do something more fancy?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.