Photoshop doesn't save green properly.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook | 1.83ghz | 2gb ram
I just finished designing something in photoshop, the background colour is a nice fresh, grass-like, green colour but when I save it the green kind of fades into a colour similar to hay. Any ideas how to make it save correctly? The difference is very noticeable but only appears to do it with large areas of this bright green colour.

By the way it only does this when using the "save for web" option, clicking "save as" then jpeg doesn't affect the colour at all.

K

kingcrowing2

web colors maybe, i know that the "web colors" are much more limited, why can't you save it as a jpg ot bmp then upload it? it seems like that should work...

OP
edgefusion
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Oh so that's why. I didn't know because I've never come across it before with any colour other than green so I figured it was a problem.

Reaction score
I believe that it's possible to change the colour palette so that it shows web safe colours only, this maybe of some help as then you can choose a colour that will not get changed when saved. :doctor:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2GHz C2D macbook
a little hint:
when you finish your image change the mode to LAB color. you can avoid many color shifts this way if you want to print as you see on monitor (not a problem when screen is calibrated)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
The web-safe colour option removes certain shades of colours that it thinks might not be available to all users on the web...(it only uses a restricted palette of colours) so any colours that aren't in this palette will be changed to colours that are.

OP
edgefusion
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks for your help guys! Stupid web. :p

I noticed that Safari can display the true colours of an image but Firefox cannot?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.