Unobody 2.0 v White 2.4

Reaction score
Hi

I've just trade in my year old white 2.4 for a unibody 2.0 due to the caseing on my white Macbook cracking three times in the past year (I got a full refund and just paid the extra £96).

Have I got an 'equivalent' or will I notice a slower Macbook with the 2.0 processor? I know it has better graphics and looks better, I'd feel better though knowing I hadn't just got better looks and a slower product for my extra £96.

Also, are Apple bringing out new Macbooks in the summer when Snow Leopard is released, or will they be the same spec, but just with SL installed?

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2,4Ghz 15" unibody
as far as Snow Leopard, people can only speculate, but it is possible they will being out a new model, but that's still a few months off, if anything

as far as performance goes, you will find out yourself if it feels slower or not, overall the computer has better components and is up-to-date so it really depends on what you use the computer for, if you need the extra processor power, but keep in mind that the computer isn't only as good as the processor

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Unibody MBP (2009), White MB (2009), iMac G4
The new MacBook will certainly be faster. The .4 difference in processor speed is irrelevant when you consider the much superior video card, DDR3 RAM, etc. Depending on what you use it for, it should show a noticeable performance gain.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.