• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

When i plug in my earphones to my G5 it takes ages to switch the audio over

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Imac G5
When i plug in my earphones to my Imac G5 it takes ages to switch the audio over

But on my OS 9 it takes about 3 seconds, what should i do?

Reaction score
Have you got VLC installed, I've heard that it can cause audio out problems. When did the problem start ? Have you installed any new software recently ?

OP
solidstalin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Imac G5
I have got VLC installed, i installed it recently, the problem presented itself when i got my G5, before i installed VLC, should i delete it?

Reaction score
Hold on a minute, the G5's have got digital out and system sound out haven't they ? Maybe this is part of the problem. Open the system preferences and click on the output tab, have a look which one is selected and mess about with the settings to see if it helps.

As you can tell I don't have a G5 (Well, a G5 imac I have) so I can only suggest things. Sorry if I'm not helping much but then at least it will keep the thread active. Maybe someone who owns a G5 will come along and know what the problem is !!

Reaction score
Just noticed something. You haven't got a G5 but an imac G5 right.? Maybe you should start another thread but then with imac G5 otherwise people will think (like I did) that your talking about the Powermac G5 models as they are usually just called G5's..

With my imac G5 I don't have this problem. How long does it actually take ? are we talking about minutes or seconds and what program are you using, try itunes out as with that program I don't have any problems myself !!

OP
solidstalin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Imac G5
Mr Bobbins said:
Just noticed something. You haven't got a G5 but an imac G5 right.? Maybe you should start another thread but then with imac G5 otherwise people will think (like I did) that your talking about the Powermac G5 models as they are usually just called G5's..

With my imac G5 I don't have this problem. How long does it actually take ? are we talking about minutes or seconds and what program are you using, try itunes out as with that program I don't have any problems myself !!

Okay dude, im such a n00b, i thought that powermac and imac G5's are the same thing....

Bacically, everytime i plug them in, any programme that plays audio just has the loading thing up until i switch to another window..

It takes about 2 minutes :|

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.