Which used Mac notebook to buy?

Reaction score
OK so I have a Windows PC that I have NO PROBLEM with, except that syncing my iphone is fast becoming a chore to dread.

My question is how low can I go in terms of old mac laptops so that syncing my iphone will be faster than with my current pc (and, more importantly, without crashing EVERY TIME)

For perspective, my pc is core 2 duo 2.4gig with 3g of ram 9800GTX video running on vista ultimate.

I really just want a syncing machine that I can carry around...

Many thanks to anyone with advice :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
What are you information are you syncing your phone with?

If I am understanding you correctly, adding another computer would likely add more steps to the process, since you would have to sync the information from your Windows PC to the Mac notebook and then sync that information to your iPhone.

OP
N
Reaction score
Mainly movies and music.

The problem lies in the fact that itunes for windows is a dog, so what im thinking of doing is replacing my pc with a mac for all sync responsibilities. ie backing up my phones info, putting music, movies etc...

I would plan on no longer using my pc to sync, therefore not adding another step...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2,4Ghz 15" unibody
you will still have to use iTunes, even on the Mac and it really isn't that much different, just so you aren't disappointed

buying a whole new notebook (even though used and an older version) isn't too ideal, and yes, you will still be copying files all over the place from your pc to the Mac

anyway, the white MacBooks are very good (Intel dual core processor), maybe even too good to just drag stuff to your iPhone, so you might consider a pre-intel iBook or something along those lines ... but you should really try it out if it really will help you that much

OP
N
Reaction score
thanks for the advice, i guess ill just have to grin and bear it then!! heres hoping theyll release a decent update in the near future!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...
for me, using itunes on a pc to sync my iphone 3g was A LOT slower than it is on my new macbook pro. I'm not sure if it is because itunes is designed for macs or what, but the difference is like night and day for me.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.