For those of you who use Rocketfish Mouse

Reaction score
I'm new to the forum so HI EVERYONE!
I recently got the Rocketfish Apple Mouse - after carefully looking for a nice mouse for my Macbook(white) - someone here in the Official Mouse Thread suggested it's a great mouse so I gave it a chance.

And as great as it actually is (best mouse I ever used, for me even better than MightyMouse) - it only has 3 buttons.

So, I was wondering - those of you who use it too - may know this:
Is it possible to set the left/right scroll buttons to do sth else? Like Expose or anything.

Coz in normal work, the left/right scroll is used so rarely I dont really need it, and it would be nice to set something else here.

I tried the Streemouse soft, but it doesnt work with the mouse.

So if anyone has this solved, please let me know.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
By "left/right scroll buttons"... do you mean the scroll WHEEL?

And by "Streemouse soft"... do you mean the Steermouse software?

If so, there's no reason why Steermouse wouldn't work with your mouse. If it REALLY isn't working, then try USB Overdrive, which is a virtually identical program. Be sure Steermouse is completely uninstalled.

Setting the scroll wheel to simulate a key press with Steermouse is simple. Under the "Wheel" tab, change the "Roll Up" and "Roll Down" action to "Input Shortcut Key" and enter the system shortcut already in use for Exposé or some other function/app.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2013 rMBP, i7, 750m gpu, OSX versions 10.9.3, 10.10
That would work for roll up and roll down, but what about roll left and roll right?

OP
csophie
Reaction score
I found it - its in steermouse soft(ware:) under 'tilt wheel', how could I have not noticed that before?:D
Works great.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
That would work for roll up and roll down, but what about roll left and roll right?

I'm really not fond of holding people's hands. A gentle nudge should be all anyone needs. I was expecting that once I pointed out the one setting, it would be obvious where the other was. At least csophie figured that out.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.