Iphone Screen Replacement

Reaction score
Quick question about screen replacement on the Iphone 3G. I've seen several videos on disassembly, but really can't find much of anything on reassembly. Does anyone have any suggestions for 1) how to reattach cable 3 (the one that slides in horizontally) and 2) how to reattach cable 4 if it became accidentally detached during disassembly (it comes down at an angle. seems difficult to reattach securely. and I'm wondering if it is supposed to reattach at a slight angle; not sure I see how it can physically lay completely flat).

Also, if the rubber gasket is left intact, will the screen still have a good seal even without the original adhesive which seemed to have been applied to the sides of the glass (ie. as the glass was being pulled out of the gasket, it appeared as though there was a little bit of adhesive holding it together, between the gasket and the glass)?

Thanx for any replies!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.