Password override.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
933 Mhz Powermac Quicksilver,1.5GB RAM, OSX 10.5, Tangerine 300MHz Clamshell, OS 9.2
Hey guys,
I picked up an Aluminum 1GHz Powerbook on eBay. The seller took over three weeks to ship it to me so I don't even want to bother to wait for his reply on what his password is on here so I can format the hard drive and install leopard. How do you bypass the password so I can install Leopard? Thanks.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Did he send you the original install media? You'll need it to boot in order to reset the password. Once it's reset, you can boot with the Leopard install media.

Regards.

Reaction score
I bought an 2007 Imac and the passwords I was given does not work. I want wipe out all the previous owner's data. Should I take it to a technician?
This is my first mac so I am a total noobie.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Did you receive the install - recovery DVD set that comes with the iMac? You'll need that to wipe the hard drive and reinstall the operating system.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Reaction score
computer restore

i've been given the opportunity to buy for a great price an mac pro but the reason is the password is unknown to the person who is selling it to me. is there any physical thing i can do to restore it or can i buy some software somewhere that will allow me to override this.i dont want any of the information i just would like to the computer to be functional

Thanks

C

chas_m

i've been given the opportunity to buy for a great price an mac pro but the reason is the password is unknown to the person who is selling it to me.

So you're comfortable buying stolen property? Because it's fairly likely that's what you're dealing with here ...

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
There are very easy ways to remove that password but my Spider sense is tingling like Chas's is. Are you SURE it's not a stolen machine? If so I would steer clear of it!!!

Not trying to be negative BTW but trying to help you avoid it if it's stolen.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.