Macbook White Resale Value?

Reaction score
Hi, I'm looking to sell my Macbook White and I wanted to know what a honest price would be. It's in very good condition and I've had only a couple problems with it and they've been fixed.
Here are the Specs:
Macbook 1,1
Intel Core Duo
2 GHz
2GB memory
80 GB Hard drive

Thanks

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Hi, I'm looking to sell my Macbook White and I wanted to know what a honest price would be. It's in very good condition and I've had only a couple problems with it and they've been fixed.
Here are the Specs:
Macbook 1,1
Intel Core Duo
2 GHz
2GB memory
80 GB Hard drive

Thanks

The value of this computer (or any computer) depends on your goal. If you want to sell it quickly, a lower price is better...if you want to get maximum $$$ value, a higher price is better, but it also may not sell.

Your location may also be a factor. Sell a laptop computer in NYC or Chicago...and you will most likely get more for it (folks have more money & greater population density). But sell it in a more rural area...and you may not get as much $$$, and not as many interested people.

So an "honest price" is not always easy to determine...that's why you need to do research in your particular area (or go for e-Bay...which some people like, and some don't).

I've seen quite of few of these for sale on my local Craig's list for around $600...saw one for $450...but not enough cash to purchase it.

- Nick

OP
M
Reaction score
thanks Nick.... I've done some researching around on the net and seen prices vary but not in my local area.... I'll look into that.... but thanks for responding, it gives me a better idea what the value is now.
-Dustin

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP- 2.4GHz (13-inch), 8GB, 250GB; Mac mini 2.0, 2GB, 120GB HD; 2017 iPad 9.7, iPhone 11Pro (64GB)
Check out Mac2Sell. Just put in your specs and it will give you a good idea on what you should sell your Mac for.

OP
M
Reaction score
thanks carla, the price was somewhat disappointing... haha.... i hope they're wrong

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
thanks carla, the price was somewhat disappointing... haha.... i hope they're wrong

Nope, somewhere between $400 - $500 is fairly accurate for the machine spec you have listed.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
the price was somewhat disappointing... haha.... i hope they're wrong

One thing you can count on...the resale value of a used computer to be lower than you expected! ;)

- Nick

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.