Mouse button clunky?

N

nadeem

I' bought a G5 iMac a month back and decided to buy a newiBook today - 14" G4 model - I'm finding the one button mouse to be very clunky and makes an irritatingly loud noise when depressed - is this normal on these?

Also - where the heck is the delete button....?!!

Thanks

Nadeem

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
Yep, that is pretty normal that the clicker makes a clunk noise. And the delete button is your backspace button, which is called the delete button; it's located underneath the eject button.

OP
N

nadeem

thanks ...annoying that clunking....only had it hooked up for 30 mins and it's getting on my nerves....! On the plus side it detected my airport express station immediately and has my broadband up & running...

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
Don't worry, you'll get use to the clunkiness. It will be second nature in no time.

Reaction score
Look on the positive side, at least you know for sure that you have clicked on something !!

OP
X

xthisisRomancex

the acheive the "DELETE" key as on a PC where it deletes the text to the right of the courser you hlpd the function(FN) and then hit the delete key

OP
X

xthisisRomancex

if you hit the Funtion(FN) and the delete key it wil work as the DELETE key on a pc and delete to the right of the cursor.

OP
U

UnderOath

nadeem said:
I' bought a G5 iMac a month back and decided to buy a newiBook today - 14" G4 model - I'm finding the one button mouse to be very clunky and makes an irritatingly loud noise when depressed - is this normal on these?

Also - where the heck is the delete button....?!!

Thanks

Nadeem

you can always get the apple "pro mouse" the white/clear one... i use that because i have the same hatred towards the trackpad-mouse that you do. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Or if you have the bluetooth module - get the sweet apple wireless mouse!

Btw: You can use any USB mouse with your mac, 2-button pc mice will work as well...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.