Mac Mail

Reaction score
Is there a way to delete email from top to bottom like in Outlook 2003 and 2007 instead of bottom to top? The same thing happens in Entourage. It's a bit annoying.

Thanks,
Wyman

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro - 15"
I'm not sure what you mean by deleting email from top to bottom, but if you want to arrange your mail from top to bottom, just click on the top of the column that is labeled Date Received. If you click on this again, it will reverse the order that your email is sorted, by date. This works for each of the other columns as well, in that by clicking on the top bar, it will reverse the order.

-Nik

OP
C
Reaction score
I'm not sure what you mean by deleting email from top to bottom, but if you want to arrange your mail from top to bottom, just click on the top of the column that is labeled Date Received. If you click on this again, it will reverse the order that your email is sorted, by date. This works for each of the other columns as well, in that by clicking on the top bar, it will reverse the order.

-Nik
Hi Nik -

I have mine sorted by date from the recent to the older which is the way I want it. I'm sure if I sorted the date from older to newer (top to bottom) then it would behave in the manner I'm after. Does this make sense?

What I use to doing on my Windows machine is clicking on an email, delete it, and it moves to the next message right below it. It's different on a Mac. Even in Outlook if I sort by older to newer and delete an email it goes to the next one below it.

Hope this is more understandable.

Thanks,
Wyman

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.