Why was my thread closed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Why was the thread I started closed? I actually got some really good replies and feed back. I had one more question before I made my decision and wanted to thank those that had responded. But now cannot. I did not request that the thread be closed out. Also the last person to post in the thread, D3v1L80Y, told me to use the search function. I think that is rude! I know how to search my friend... and did look around. But wanted opinions in MY thread and answers to questions to that "I" asked in the thread that "I" started. So it makes it easy to come back to for reference. Not spend hours of my time searching for a answer to a question that may or may not have been previously been answered.

As a new member to this forum I have to say that I think it is nicely put together and seems to have some very helpful members. However, I also saw that D3v1L80Y is part of your forums staff. To just tell one to search I do not believe is good practices for staff. If you had a specific thread that you know of that may be helpful, why did you not just hot link to that thread? To be helpful. ;D And maybe at this point I am just aggravated and being nit picky. But I also find D3v1L80Y signature to be rude as well! This is a internet forum! Who the **** cares if grammer is proper or not. If I say mac, MAC, or Mac I think since this is a "Mac" forum you all get the point.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac 2.66 GHz... Running 10.5.7
Why was the thread I started closed? I actually got some really good replies and feed back. I had one more question before I made my decision and wanted to thank those that had responded. But now cannot. I did not request that the thread be closed out. Also the last person to post in the thread, D3v1L80Y, told me to use the search function. I think that is rude! I know how to search my friend... and did look around. But wanted opinions in MY thread and answers to questions to that "I" asked in the thread that "I" started. So it makes it easy to come back to for reference. Not spend hours of my time searching for a answer to a question that may or may not have been previously been answered.

As a new member to this forum I have to say that I think it is nicely put together and seems to have some very helpful members. However, I also saw that D3v1L80Y is part of your forums staff. To just tell one to search I do not believe is good practices for staff. If you had a specific thread that you know of that may be helpful, why did you not just hot link to that thread? To be helpful. ;D And maybe at this point I am just aggravated and being nit picky. But I also find D3v1L80Y signature to be rude as well! This is a internet forum! Who the **** cares if grammer is proper or not. If I say mac, MAC, or Mac I think since this is a "Mac" forum you all get the point.

A ridiculous post like this isn't going to get you very far, and, in fact, might even get this thread closed. Sounds fun, huh?!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
A ridiculous post like this isn't going to get you very far, and, in fact, might even get this thread closed. Sounds fun, huh?!

Well I guess it revolves around freedom of speech. The OP was aggrieved with the action and manner of the moderator and got it off his chest. The 'sounds fun' business is really only a stir so just ignore it duffer and keep on using the forums.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
duffer, please use the search function so you can find the rules of the message boards if you plan on joining us for a while.

Also, next time why not contact him directly and ask why instead of starting a whole new thread and trying to stir stuff up. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
duffer, part of the reason why this forum is as good as it is, is because we try to limit threads like this one that just takes up valuable information space, and really doesn't add anything to the forums. If people now do a search for something specific. Im afraid this thread will not aid them at all, and search is just a little less effective now. :)

I am not trying to be rude, I am trying to help you understand why we do things the way we do, and why the way we do things is creating a thriving community. While I do agree, he could have provided some links, my question to you is.. why should he do it, when you're looking for the answer? The time you spent complaining about it, you could have done a search and already found your answer, then you could have said, thanks for the advice, instead of being mad at the advice. Search is your friend... really :)

Most questions can be answered with a simple search. If you do not find an answer within the first couple of searches, then by all means, please post your question and hopefully someone will have an answer for you. We don't ask, as you put it, you to spend hours searching, but even 5 minutes is better than nothing. If it takes us less than 5 minutes to find a link in the forums to answer YOUR question, then why don't YOU do it in the first place? If you didn't find it in search, then say as much and if someone else did find it, ask them what search terms they used. This helps you to search better in the future.

I am going to close this thread, because it serves no purpose except for you to vent. You've vented, awesome! :) If you have a problem with this, please PM me and we'll work through it. We do want you to be a part of our community, and part of that process is learning how a community works instead of forcing everyone else to work the way you do.

And thanks Eric559 your advice to duffer was excellent and very level headed.

P.S. duffer you can thank those that responded by going to the closed thread and adding to their reputation points (click on the checkmark/X button under their info in their post) and saying thank you, or even send them a Private Message. Adding to their reputation is probably the best thanks you can give them.

OP
D
Reaction score
point taken

I have had two threads closed now so I will be moving to another forum because your staff suck and try to muffle peoples opinions that do not agree with yours. But hey its your forum so enjoy please remove my membership!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.