Any WoW players using Macbooks?

Reaction score
Hi

Are there any World of Warcraft players that use the White Macbooks?

I'm experiencing a lot of lag, especially when in Northrend (some in Outland too, but not as annoying).

At first, I thought it was because of my settings, since I have a 22" monitor connected to my Macbook, I run the game windowed at around 1600x1024, but i see no real difference between low or custom (medium high) graphics.

So i've tried disconnecting my 22" and play at lower resolutions on the 13" instead, no difference, i get the same amount of lag.

Is there anything i could do to optimize my system to get rid of some of this lag? It can be fairly annoying. It's not as bad in Borean Tundra or Howling Fjord, but when I get in Dragonblight or the other Northrend zones, it can get pretty bad

I'll probably get an iMac this summer, but in the meantime, it'd be nice if it was less laggy :)

Oh, i have the low end white macbook, but with 4gb of RAM

any help would be appreciated.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13 inch alMacBook 2GHz C2D 4G DDR3, 1.25GHz G4 eMac
from your macbook specs, you have the old white macbook, not the new low end white macbook that also got the nvidia card update... my guess is that's why. Intel's integrated graphics kind of suck. I mean, I had WoW somewhat playable on a mac mini with the GMA 950, but from what I've heard, though the x3100 was an improvement, it still sucked pretty hard. In the mean time, I say wait for your imac.

I'm going to be getting the unibody 2GHz aluminum macbook soon. I hope that runs fairly smooth (and by all accounts, it should).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook: 2.2 Core2Duo, 120GB HDD, 1GB Ram, Superdrive.
I have been using the same Macbook for WoW, from time to time at my nightshift work. You really can't avoid that lag... as DarkestRitual points out, we got the crappy gfx :)

Wait for the iMac and you should be more than home free!

OP
NumberSix
Reaction score
Thank you both for your replies

I will patiently endure the lag until I can get an iMac then :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13 inch alMacBook 2GHz C2D 4G DDR3, 1.25GHz G4 eMac
I'm frankly anticipating the improvement in the graphics department I will see even between when I could play WoW on my old dual 2GHz G5 and playing on my MacBook with the nvidia integrated gfx... It's supposed to be better, which means I should be able to rock high settings. :) Mmmm.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.