Free Word Processing Software

Reaction score
Hello,

Can anyone recommend any free word processing software for my iMac, i used to use word on my PC, but since i converted over to mac, i cant seem to get used to the mac version.

So whats out there that's free and ok?

thanks

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
NeoOffice and OpenOffice are pretty good bets. Both read and write Office formats (support for the 2007 format is coming along and not complete last time I checked though). There is also Lotus Symphony.

Some have also recommended Bean but I would take a look at the former solutions first.

OP
M
Reaction score
NeoOffice and OpenOffice are pretty good bets. Both read and write Office formats (support for the 2007 format is coming along and not complete last time I checked though). There is also Lotus Symphony.

Some have also recommended Bean but I would take a look at the former solutions first.

Many thanks for your help, im downloading neooffice as i type this, as it seems to do all i need,

thanks again:D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2008 MB, 2.1GHz 4GB RAM, 10.5.8
I've used open office on my last pc laptop, and am using it on my macbook now. It's fantastic, never got round to looking into neo-office, but I'd recommend O.O.

S

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.