New to Apple, iPod Touch 2G calendar Q

Reaction score
Hi. I'm a new Apple user. Just got my first product, the iPod Touch 2G. It's been 2 weeks and I love it.

A quick question about the calendar, as I previously had a Palm TX. The iPod Touch calendar does ok, meets most of my needs. Except, there's no search function. There are many times where someone will ask me when a meeting was, or when the last meeting was.

Is there a way to search for a specific item in the calendar? This is a pretty crucial utility for me, and may determine whether or not I continue to use the iPod.

Or, maybe there's a calendar app. I'll check. In the meantime, I appreciate your input.

No I want to determine if I want to jailbreak. I'm not very computer savvy with stuff like that. Mainly, I want to be able to download Word docs, and import stuff from the 'net (maps 'n such), but I'm not even sure jailbreaking will let me do that...

Thanks in advance for your time and help.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
There is no search function in the calendar.

If you want to load documents up on your iPhone, take a look at apps like Air Sharing, File Magnet and Data Case. They allow you to use your iPhone for data storage. You can view almost any standard file format (.doc, .xls etc) but you can't edit them.

OP
D
Reaction score
I saw some calendar apps on iTunes. Will check them out in more detail after work.

But looks like many of them are for tracking ovulation. Would have been nice to have that one about 6.5 yrs ago... :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.