Macbook Pro or Macbook?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 12" 2017
I would really like some advice,

I'm currently have a 2.0ghz White Macbook from early 2008, I'm going into an intensive Mixed Media course I'm planning on a Macbook Pro or at least a 2.4ghz Macbook, financially I think I might not be able to afford paying for the Macbook Pro, but upon looking at the Malaysian Apple Website, the 2.4ghz Alu Macbook and the Macbook Pro has the same specs besides the Graphics card & Screen size. In this current economy, I am very worried about investing in a $7,199 Macbook Pro, The 2.4ghz Alu Macbook is going at $5,899. Thats a $1,300 difference for the graphic card and bigger screen size.

( An average Malaysian earns about 2.7k a month, A very basic car would cost you about $20,000 here in Malaysia ).

Would love hear to everyone's thoughts on this, Thanks.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
My opinion? 400MHz is really not that big of a difference. If you're going to be using GPU intensive applications, then it might be worth it. Otherwise, I think I'd wait and see what you're up against in the class. Meanwhile, save your money just in case you do need an upgrade.

It's always better to wait if you do not need a new machine right now.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPad Pro 12.9 latest iOS
Do you mean $ or ringit ?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Alu 13.3 Inch , 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 duo , 2.2gb 667 DDR2 SDRAM & Ipod Touch 16gb
Clicked post accidentally, decided not to post.

Can this be deleted? Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.33 4GB: MacPro 8 Core 2.8, 16GB: MacMini 2.26 4GB: MacMin 2.53 4GB: iPhone3GS 32GB
With a limited budget, have you thought about checking into getting a used or older MBP. You can probably get a nice upgrade from your current laptop for less if you look around a bit rather than getting something brand new.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.