ibook display

B

beefmank

i work at a mac store, and today i came across a junked computer with my coworkers. we parted it out, and i ended up getting a 14" ibook g4 display. i believe it is in working condition, and would like to test it.

my real question is, are there any websites, pdf documents, or diagrams explaining the connections that come from the screen? there are 4 wires total coming out. one is the airport antenna, one is a connection to the logic board that seems pretty intence, and two others, one of which supplies power...
the problem is, i dont know which one, so any documentation or help is much appreciated.

thanks in advance
-beefmank

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13" | MacBook Pro 13" | Mac Mini 2GHz C2D
i hate to sound rude, but if you work at a mac store, dont you have a genius bar that would be able to find the documentation that you are looking for?

OP
B

beefmank

your not rude, i didnt clarify
i work at a mac reseller, not an Apple Store.
in fact, there isnt an apple store where i am at for miles and miles.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13" | MacBook Pro 13" | Mac Mini 2GHz C2D
thanks for the clarification

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro M1 • iPhone 14 Pro • iPad Pro • iMac Retina 27"
Still and all, even if you work for a Mac reseller, wouldn't you have access to Service Manuals, or at least have a contact within some sort of Authorized Apple Service provider?

OP
C

code777

I don't think so as the CompUSA guy said he worked for Apple and come to find out his title is "Consultant" . According to one of the Apple Stores they say they are not truly Apple Employees but rather a CompUSA/Apple Rep who has taken a course with Apple to sell products.

is this correct beefmank??? just curious.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.