• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

No ship date for Panther, 3GHz G5 by summer

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
Source: MacMinute.com

No ship date for Panther, 3GHz G5 by summer
September 16, 2003 - 06:10 EDT During his keynote at Apple Expo in Paris today, Apple CEO Steve Jobs did not give a firm ship date for Mac OS X 10.3 Panther (announced in June), only reaffirming that it would ship before the end of the year. Jobs also reiterated that the Power Mac G5 would reach speeds of 3GHz before the end of next summer. In addition, he mentioned that 500,000 copies of iChat AV have been downloaded since the software debuted, and that Apple is gunning for 10 million daily Mac OS X users.

My Comments: Well that's kewl.. the end of the year is practically on us.. and I can wait for it so they can get rid of any bugs that are popping up.. I just stable :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display
Hmm, before the end of the year :) looks like they mist the date of all the other OSX version releases... this one must be tricky and they are making all it can be. Now watch he releases it the day before the new year :D

[edit]nahh my guess is it will be out for xmas season. "get your family a panther for the holidays!"

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
when i was at my apple store today to see if they had the new powerbooks (they are coming in tomorrow) i asked how the sales were on G5's in the store and he said they have sold about 2 1/2 dozen so far and sold like 7 of the dual processors.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.