media centre with projector

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White 1.83Ghz MacBook
Hi guys, i'm looking at getting a new mini, eyetv and a projector and using is as a media centre. I would like to know if anyone on here has done this before? I will be using the mini for watching dvds, tv and basic internet use. i have been looking at an Infocus multipurpose projector:
Projectors Infocus at Just Projectors! INFOCUS IN26+ DLP MULTIPURPOSE PROJECTOR
Can anyone give me advice on any other types of projectors that will work well, what sort of contrast ratio, brightness and resolution i should be looking at? I want a good quality picture for movies. I'm looking at a screen size of around 72" if that makes a difference. I don't want to spend more than $1200 AUD.
Also with the mini i was thinking of getting the base version and upgrading the RAM myself and maybe the hard drive (or external hard drive, i haven't decided). Will this void any warranty? Is it worth paying the extra for the top version with more RAM and bigger hard drive?
Cheers Ian

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.