Printer Sharing MAC and Windows

D

dodgerfan78

One PC (Windows XP Home) and one MAC (sorry i dont know the OS yet, the job is on Monday). They are connected to a Linksys router. There is a printer attached to the Windows box. The MAC must be able to print to the PC's printer.

File and Printer Sharing on the Windows box is easy. But what about connecting from the MAC?

any help is appreciated, i am looking at other forums too so please give me any tips, things to click on, etc.

Thank you. This site has given me a new appreciation for MACs, in fact this is my most exciting home-call yet at my first A+ job. : )

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24" 2.66 C2D, 13" MacBook i7 2.9GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 4
You have to go into NetInfo manager and make sure you have the same workgroup/domain name as the PC, and when you add printer you have to select Windows Sharing and browse for the printer.

In other jobs I've done, and at my home, the printer is shared off the Mac, and on XP/2000 I add an LPR port to connect to the Mac's IP with the name of the port ie: hp_laserjet and it works fine.

OP
P

pstauff

I do this on my home network. I have a 2 printers shared and created a printer share name for each printer on my Windows XP box. I connected the iBook via SMB to the printer. Works great.

Reaction score
hey, i am trying to get this done too. how do i add a new domain name. i go to the netinfo manager, but i dont see how to add a domain name, i go to domain at the top of the page, but i cant figure anything out, please help. thanks

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.