Binding media control keys to a third party keyboard

Reaction score
Hey, I have recently bought a new imac to replace my gaming pc. Long story short, I don't like the stock keyboard for gaming. So I hooked up my old steelseries 6g whatever keyboard, and it works pretty well, I quickly figured out that the windows key is equivalent to the command key, and that alt = option. Now, one thing I did like about the stock keyboard, is the media control keys, such as F9 for next song, or F10, F11 and F12 for controlling the volume, however, they don't work with my third party keyboard. I tried checking for a key binding in system preferences, but there a none that lets me bind a key to controlling sound, and most importantly, to eject a disc.!

Does anybody know how to fix this? Make key bindings for volume controls, media keys and disc ejection?

Thanks in advance!

MTI

Reaction score
Most ANSI keyboards will do the F12 = Eject if you hold it down long enough.

I've been looking for software that will let me use a Dell Multimedia keyboard (volume knob, hotkeys and VCR style control buttons) but the only suggestion so far is to use Logitech drivers (built by Logitech) but even with that loaded, the software doesn't recognize it's Dell cousin.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.