Deleting folder contents

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 3.2QC, 27" (Oct 2012), iPad (3rd)、iPhone 6 Plus
Hi, after switching to Leopard recently, I found something that I do not like as a new function.

1) Open a folder from a desktop and delete all contents inside. Deleting will be done each by each, select all - delete, or drag all and move them to trash can.

2) After emptying the trash can, the folder will show the desktop view inside (folder title desktop), which did not happen when Tiger was used. Put this way, in the previous OS, after deleting the folder contents, the folder stays as an empty folder.

Somehow, this functional difference annoys me a lot :Shouting: and I am wondering if this is the way Leopard does when cleaning up the folder contents.

If someone can help me out, I will appreciate.

Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBA. 15" MBP. iPhone 4. 3G Pad 2.
Deleting the contents of any folder leaves an empty folder. Not sure just what you are doing. The desktop is a folder in Finder as it was in Panther & Tiger and folders behave the same way as they did.
S.

OP
odenkun
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 3.2QC, 27" (Oct 2012), iPad (3rd)、iPhone 6 Plus
This is how I normally do.

1) Open finder by clicking 'finder' icon. A folder titled 'desktop' appears.
2) From this folder, I select a folder (let's name it 'picture') and open it.
3) A folder, named 'picture', opens. Then I delete all contents from this 'picture' folder.
4) Empty the trash can.
5) As soon as the trash can is emptied, the folder 'picture' changes the folder name to 'desktop' and the inside of folder shows the desktop contents.
6) By this time, I have two folders opened; one is 'desktop', which I first open, then the other that changed from 'picture'.

I remember when I was using Tiger, the above procedure 5) did not happen. In other word, when the trash can was emptied, the folder stayed as is (means no title change) and showed just an empty inside.

Hope this explains the way I do. The key here is 'emptying the trash can'. If I don't do it, then the folder stays as 'empty' inside.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.