external monitor

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Ibook g4 1.33, 768 ram
i am using another moniter/keyboard/mice and currently i have to have the ibook open to use it. is there anyway i can be able to have it closed without shutting the external monitor off? thanks in advance.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" iBook G3 900/640/40 _ _ Power Macintosh G3 All-In-One 315/768/20 _ _ 20 GB iPod
macman88 said:
i am using another moniter/keyboard/mice and currently i have to have the ibook open to use it. is there anyway i can be able to have it closed without shutting the external monitor off? thanks in advance.

I believe there is a software hack available, but I would strongly advise against using it. There is a reason that Apple designed the iBook to always sleep when the lid is closed. Much of its cooling is achieved by heat escaping through the keyboard and surrounding surface. If the lid is closed, the heat is trapped and the machine will not be properly cooled.

W

warrenbert

Just turn the backlight setting [ctrl+F1] all the way to the lowest setting. The LCD will appear to be off and this might extend its lifespan, if that is your goal here. Your external monitor will not be affected by this action.

OP
macman88
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Ibook g4 1.33, 768 ram
battery life is not an issue but thank you. i was wondering if it was possible to completely have the case shut just for connivence.

D

Desolate One

Screen spanning doctor allows you to enable "clamshell" mode, but as Padawan I also advise against it. The unit vents from the keyboard and you will damage the screen.

OP
macman88
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Ibook g4 1.33, 768 ram
yeah i didn't think about that. also, is there a way to hook the ibook up to a tv?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.